Our Vision & Values
The South Lincolnshire Academies Trust (SLAT) is currently responsible for three 11-18 mixed non selective secondary schools, with all schools operating in a selective area of education.
The SLAT is structured in order that each of the academies within it:
- Maintain a distinct identity and ethos through a Local Advisory Board (LAB) Governing Body that has responsibility for the education of those it is responsible for (see Local Governing Body for terms of reference)
- Benefit from central services which encompass financial management, staffing, catering, IT, site and school improvement that are led centrally by the Executive Headteacher and Business Finance Director, overseen by the SLAT Audit Committee and Board of Trustees.
This structure allows the SLAT’s academies to maintain their own identity, ethos and culture whilst benefiting from the economies of scale which come from being part of a larger organisation.
Our successful, oversubscribed schools are based upon:
- High expectations, with a firm, fair and consistently applied code of conduct which is understood by students, teachers and parents/carers.
- Positive, high profile rewards based on outcomes that all students can achieve, including exemplary effort and behaviour and an outstanding rate of attendance.
- Strong, mutually supportive relationships between our staff, students and their parents/carers.
- Developing students’ confidence and self-esteem.
- A multi pathway curriculum designed so that each student can achieve their full potential in the core subjects together with a wide range of academic and vocational options.
- Providing appropriate support for students of all abilities.
- Working in partnership with both Academies to further improve the schools abilities to deliver the best outcomes for students.
- A superb data tracking and reporting system providing regular feedback to parents/carers on their child’s progress against aspirational targets and on their attitude to learning.
- High quality, regular feedback to students, both written and oral, with readily accessible information on the next steps in their learning.
- High quality PSHE (Personal, Social, Health Education) and SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural) programmes which equip our students for life in Britain in the 21st century.
- Investing wisely in the continuous upgrading of buildings, classrooms and facilities to provide our students with an attractive environment that helps to optimise their learning.